Immigration Lawyer in New Jersey & New York City
Outstanding Client Service on Immigration Matters
United States Immigration Law is infamous for its complexity. There are many different rules and regulations affecting different types of visa categories: Some rules even seem to be contradictory to one another. The evolving nature of laws makes already complex laws even more complicated over the course of time.
An immigration attorney’s thorough knowledge of each and every requirement for establishing the eligibilities of any visa classification, as well as expertise regarding all the relevant rules, regulations, case laws, and government policies affecting individual visa petitions, are the bedrock of a case’s success.
More importantly, the competency of an immigration lawyer depends on his or her ability to link all relevant laws and present all required regulatory criteria in an appropriate manner relevant to the petition’s specific details. At Choi Law LLC we call this process “connecting the dots”: To get a case approved, we need to connect all the necessary dots; if one single dot is missing, a successful case cannot be made. With the thorough legal knowledge and focused immigration law experience of its founding attorney, Choi Law LLC has successfully connected all the necessary dots for its clients and had their cases approved seamlessly.
Choi Law LLC does not consider a case “just another visa petition”. We consider each case to be a meaningful journey with our individual clients that will ultimately achieve their specific personal and professional goals in the United States.
The types of clients we have successfully guided through immigration processes include visual artists, fashion designers, graphic designers, illustrators, fine artists, interior designers, photographers, creative technologists, media artists, architects, musicians, professors, researchers, scientists, business owners, executives and managers, doctors, lawyers, teachers, IT managers, software engineers, public relation specialists, social workers, business development specialists, and many more.
Let us hear your story and go on a journey with you to help you achieve your dreams in the United States.
SunMin P. Choi
- Practicing U.S. immigration laws since 2003
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New York and New Jersey
- Obtained a J.D. degree from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Obtained a B.A. degree in English Literature and Language from Ewha Womans University
- Active Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Fluent in Korean
SunMin P. Choi discovered her interest in United States Immigration Law in 2000 when she took an immigration law class in law school with Professor Leon Wiles. Professor Wiles was prominently known in the legal community for his representation of John Lennon and Yoko Ono in their deportation proceedings during the 1970s. SunMin’s interest in immigration law and the people’s lives dependent upon it deepened when she participated in her internship at the Catholic Legal Immigration Network Charity. These experiences eventually led her to pursue a legal career in Immigration Law. Shortly after she graduated from law school, SunMin started working at the Law Offices of S. Bernard Schwarz, a NYC-based immigration law firm. In the position she held there, SunMin obtained a solid understanding of immigration law and she gained relevant experience over the course of eight years. In 2011, SunMin founded her own law firm, Choi Law LLC.
With her continued dedication to serving people’s immigration needs and helping them to achieve their dreams in America, SunMin has become one of the most trusted immigration attorneys in the New York/New Jersey area. SunMin finds great joy in working with her clients and is also inspired by them. It is her pleasure to successfully guide them and help them to solve their unique immigration needs.
Areas of Practice
Non-Immigrant Working Visa Services
- O Visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability
- P Visa for Entertainment Groups
- H1B Visa for Professional Workers
- E2 Visa for Treaty Investors
- E1 Visa for Treaty Traders
- L1 Visa for Intracompany Transferees
- R Visa for Religious Workers
Employment –Based Green Card Services
- EB1 Persons of Extraordinary Ability
- EB1 Outstanding Professors or Researchers
- EB1 Multinational Executives or Managers
- National International Waiver (NIW)
- EB2 Persons with Advanced Degree
- EB3 Professional Workers
- EB3 Skilled Workers
- EB3 Unskilled Workers
- EB4 Special Immigrant Religious Workers
Family-Based Green Card Services
- US Citizen’s Immediate Family (Parents, Spouse, and Unmarried Minor Children)
- Green Card Holder’s Spouse, Minor Children, and Unmarried Sons or Daughter over 21 years old
- US Citizen’s Unmarried Sons or Daughter over 21 years old
- US Citizen’s Married Sons or Daughters
- US Citizen’s Brothers and Sisters
- Derived Citizenship from Parent
Let us help.
If you have questions or want to make an appointment then contact us.
240 Grand Avenue, Suite #1
Leonia, NJ 07605
NY Office (appointment only)
16 West 32nd Street, Suite #1006
New York, NY 10001